Best-selling author and inspirational speaker Glenn Shepard will present the following programs to MACCE CEOs:
Behavioral Psychology for Managers
Why do people do the things they do? How do you get people (employees and Board members) to do what you want them to do? Learn how to handle the different behavioral models: the Aggressive; the Passive; the Passive-Aggressive; the Assertive. Learn how to tell if someone you work with is a Sociopath. They could be on your board, on your staff; they’re so charming and such master manipulators, it’s almost impossible for normal people to see what’s going on – even when it’s right under your nose. Learn how to stop Workplace Bullies; how to manage Hypochondriacs; and how to deal with employees who make threats and give ultimatums.
Learn Glenn’s "Five Magic Words" that stop people from challenging your authority, and seven words that immediately stop sarcastic people (employees, members, your Board members) from taking cheap shots at you. Learn how to eliminate employee behaviors like as Disrespect, Arguing, Insubordination, Backtalk, and outright Defiance.
By using Glenn’s “Anger Curve,” you’ll learn to predict what someone else is going to do, say, or think before they even know. And you’ll learn how to turn around a bad attitude in four minutes, how to end gossip, stop tattletales from tattling, and whiners from whining, and much more.
Advanced Supervisory Skills for Managers
Take your management expertise to the next level in this session designed to help you build a culture of teamwork that encourages cooperation and leads to success for your entire operation. Topics include:
- How to manage effectively when you have one arm tied behind your back by upper management, HR, or a board of directors;
- Why being a perfectionist is the Kiss of Death for managers, and how to prevent it from sabotaging your career if you are one;
- How to build in a Margin for Error when delegating to subordinates —without giving implied permission to not meet an assigned deadline
- How to empower needy, co-dependent employees to solve problems on their own
- How to keep from crossing the line from helping people to becoming an enabler (critical if kindness comes naturally to you)
- How to be Firm, Fair and Consistent by setting healthy boundaries
- How to get people to follow your instructions
- The best way to approach delicate conversations such as telling an employee they have B.O. or bad breath